Dear friends and foes,
Alas, I think this might be the last update for a while. Yes, the circus is leaving town and I must pack my bags and follow. This is the life of a trapzee groupie. We go where we must to watch others fly.
I need not tell you that I am barely standing. First, I have not slept decently in several weeks. Second, my friends have insisted on making me drink pretty much 24/7. Third, there's that whole packing/getting ready to move business (summary: lists of things to do, we sold the house yay!, endless sorting, where's my checkbook? errand running, will I need this? muscle strain/knots - thank god for a massage appointment monday, disassembling too much shit that I just assembled five months ago, trying to cram in last minute visits/lunches/drinks, etc etc, I could go on but why). And finally, my head's been completely off in Baltimore making future plans.
So yes. The upside is I've stumbled upon a fabulous weight loss plan! It's called stress and anxiety! You should try it! Why the fuck was I riding my bike and not drinking when I could drop pounds with no effort on my part at all. I'm actually a pretty laid back person, not Type A at all, so it's not like I'm running around wailing Stress! Anxiety! It's nicely internalized like any good Midwesterner but my body bears the brunt of it. Ah well, things could always be worse so one must buck up like a good little soldier and carry on.
So after this weekend, my internet access will be limited to driveby Starbucks and a lonely 12kb dialup modem in Indiana. I will be driving across country with two dogs and my ipod. I will be spending some time in the Hoosier state and some time in the Buckeye state before heading down to the Crab state.
What I am hoping to do for you is document my journey. You always wanted to see that scary big ass 150ft white cross off of I-70 in Effingham, Illinois, haven't you? Oh I will take a picture of it for you. I will also take pictures of gas stations in Missouri with their genuine walnut bowls for sale. I will take pictures of barren corn fields in Indiana. I will take a picture of Cleveland for you. I will take pictures of I don't even know what in Pennsylvania and wherever the hell else I have to drive through to get down to the Crab. God, I think maybe New Jersey might be involved. I may do a little mono-blogging while on this journey. I will upload these missives when/if I can.
Doesn't that sound like fun? Come now, a 1126.3 mile journey in my Honda Civic packed with things the movers won't take, two 60lb blacks dogs and me? You are up for that, don't lie to me. I can see it in your eyes, you so want to come with. You are itching to play some serious Texas Hold Em with my dad and me, drink lots of wine in a hottub in Cleveland, and get into a fist fight with me in New Jersey.
In fact, I'm so jealous of myself right now, I can barely stand it. Which is exactly why I am getting the fuck out of the house right now and going off to drink with A because she just called and reminded me that I will be gone in five days and hello, I still have obligations to fill as her gay girlfriend. This is how it has been for weeks now. I don't even know me anymore.
I'll check in when I can, post pictures and vids if possible, and think about you fondly while going slightly crazy for all the right and wrong reasons. Stay out of trouble until then, I shall miss all three of you who read this blog! See you in rehab!
Not driving away from myself
It's just myself drove away from me
And now I gotta get it back and it goes so fast, so I am traveling again
- Traveling (I) - Dar Williams
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Travel safely, m'dear and check in as you can.
I did the arduous trek from the middle of the country to its edges myself, years back. Of course, I went in the opposite direction. Best of luck. It’s a crazy, crazy thing driving across this crazy, crazy country of ours. But then I guess traveling is like life, it’s about the journey not the destination. Enjoy them crab cakes.
God Speed You Black Emperor! (google that)
godspeed...map your journey for us.
Darling, I shall stand anxiously on the back porch, wringing my careworn, dishpan hands and gazing into the waning sun, while I await your descent into the Crabs.
Give a call, drop a line, post photos, and give the Black Dogs big kisses for me.
Sweetie...babes, please take care. You know I worry. If you need help of any kind...send up a flair. Um, you still have that flair gun we borrowed from our last stay at Betty Ford. See, I told you they wouldn't miss it. Any way sweetie...if you need help, I'll send my Isabella to pick you up in the private jet. Darlink, the flight attendant will keep you company till I can catch up to you. We'll do lunch. later sweetie.
Post a Comment