7/10/2007

Captain HF

So did I mention that my sexy hair consultant from back home emailed me recently to tell me that she was sure that my hair looked like shit and that was my punishment for leaving her. Sad thing is, she's right! Gah, I have total hairfuck these days. It's long and stupid and with the humidity here in this godforsaken city, I just need to shave it all off and start again. Think that'd go over ok in CorporateWorld? Luckily, I have a haircut this Sat, unluckily, it is not with sexy hair consultant. Wish me luck.

I just got a drunk text from A and J and they are taunting me with all their talk of drinking and such. This is why I hate them and am glad I moved far far away. Why they think I would care to drink beer with them and hang out is beyond me. Frankly, they all just need to stop bawlbabying at me and crying over my not being there.

Oh, and it has been hot/hell here lately and yet...and yet, I have now seen a woman who commutes somewhere along my route wearing a full cape over her clothes. Like a Ren Faire cape tied around her neck, all billowy and whatnot. This over a long flowy dress and elf shoes (making total assumption about the shoes, but probably not too far off). Hey, I say, wear what you want, I don't judge, but seriously, a cape? In this weather? I can barely stand to wear a bra and panties (oohh, google search perverts, do you find me sexy?), let alone clothes over them. Then again, you know, I'm just not a "cape" person. My superpowers are more steathy/undercover and I don't like to call attention to my specialness. That's just me.

I have nothing more to say that has not been said before. So goodday to you!

7 comments:

Me. Here. Right now. said...

Yow! I'm sensing a little tense.

Anonymous said...

That was a hilarious and classic blog man. You get me laughing pretty hard sometimes. I even had to share the cape story with the proverbial class because I was laughing so hard.

And maybe this makes me a terrible friend but. MOVE BACK HOME.

That is all.

-360

Pipistrello said...

I had a student one summer quarter who insisted on wearing his pink fuzzy slippers every week to class and jeans low enough to show off two (!) pairs of boxer shorts. I guess he took mom's advice about clean undies to heart. Anyway, dude would have looked more studly in elf shoes and a cape. Seriously.

Spiky Zora Jones said...

Sweetie babes...doesn't that suck. I mean all that humidity does fuck up a head...big time. It's normally a dry heat here but lately it's hot and humid. We had rain yesterday...rain in July!!!

Britney had it right...don't wear panties and shave your head, though she shaved everything. Well, it's rumor.

The "B" is ahead of her time, though I think she still wears a cape.

Sweetie you know how hard it is to get a fab hair consultant, especially a (she's so hot) hair consultant...then you move away. That sucked. Did you ask if she would move with you.

Hang in there babes...tomorrow is another day...There's a Hot sexy hair consultant out there waiting for you.
Ciao Babes.

El N said...

Hey hahn: Big Iowan high-five to you. I'm not tense, I'm just crabby!

360: Apparently I can no longer hide my misery; two complete strangers tonight told me to go back to Kansas. It will happen eventually or I will turn into a misanthropic mess.

pip: I know you have a cape so don't even try to hide it. How you been? Sorry I've been sort of MIA email-wise..life, huh?

szj: Heat - dry or wet, I'm no fan. And my hair..forget it.

Anonymous said...

I have a friend at work who moved here from Kansas the same month you moved from Kansas to DC. Was there some sort of mass exodus I wasn't aware of?

El N said...

anon: Well, we all know each other out there so I probably called her and gave her a heads up. Since I wasn't going to be in state, she said fine, I'm leaving too!