Miss me? Having trouble getting through the day without me? Alas, I have returned from the great state of Kentucky with nary a scratch on my body or a bite mark to speak of. I'm kind of disappointed in myself, I have to say.
So I spent this week meeting and consulting and speaking in acronym. Long long days and the evenings spent in my own personal hottub jacuzzi. It was rough. I wish I could say more about Lexington, but what I saw was lovely and the food was tasty. I even returned with Bourbon Balls (which can be painful if left untreated, I hear).
Oh, and in a room full of 18 people, there were four of us hoosiers, someone from Michigan, someone from Ohio, and someone from Illinois. We spent a sidebar at dinner talking about places to eat in Chicago (where our next meeting/consulting/acronyming will occur). Shouldn't be too surprised with the Midwest Represent given that we were very close to it, yeah? I took an informal vote on a euchre tourney for the next mtg, I will make it happen, trust me. (high-five otter!).
I wish I had a couple of funny stories to tell, but there's nothing all that humorous about social service contracts. Hey, did you hear the one about our budget getting cut? Sorry, that's the material I have to work with, I'll stick with the Metro.
Speaking of which, I just might not have a bitch this week. I have to go in tomorrow of course, but my time out in the country has softened me right up. I might actually like people again. Pipe dreams, I know, but I say dream big, little soldier, dream big...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Smoooch! Yes I've missed you. Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Kentucky.
High-fives for all midwesterners. I can relate...being a Raider Fan, when I see another Raider we nod and high five. I know you are a KC fan...I'm not a hater, plus KC has the best tight end in foot ball #88 Tony Gonzales. *swoon* He looks so much like my ex b/f in college. Oh...hey that reminds me, I'll make that calbasa dish tonight. It's delicious and filling.
Bourbon balls...hehehehe. You are so bad...that's why I like you.
Have a nice weekend sweetie. I'm glad you like your hair now. Nope...not a peep to Roxanne.
Have a nice weekend.
Post a Comment