1/25/2008

bad beat on the river

So tonight I had plans to go play poker and hustle some cash from the youth of America but by the end of the day, my energy level was zero and I just decided to grab a bottle of wine at the handy right-by-my-work Metro station and head home. Middle-age rears its ugly head. Plus I have this knot in my shoulder that is making it impossible for me to think of anything else, let alone dusting off my Texas Hold Em skillz. But the good thing is that I have now located a poker game and don't think I won't be playing in the future. I am there.

Speaking of the Metro, I got stuck yesterday for 45 minutes somewhere between stations right before Foggy Bottom b/c there was a fire or something somewhere. If a bird flaps its wings in Saskatoon, the DC Metro experiences residual delays on the red line. I've been having some success lately in pretending no one else exists on the train but me during my commute, but frankly, shit like this does not help. I really really used to like people before I moved here, I swear, but I can't say I won't be the first one cheering when the gamma rays work their magic on humanity.

Definitely a dog walk in the woods tomorrow is in order. It's supposed to snow again which makes me happy. Dogs. Woods. No people. Snow. Cold. Whatever it takes, you know?

No comments: