1/11/2008

diplomacy

Hi friends, so this is where I tell you the story of political intrigue and backroom deals. It is a story of two nations coming together for the greater good in this crazy mixed up world. As you know, North America is, at times, divided by differences in culture, politics, and language. To be sure, there have been scandals on both sides of the border; we are not without blame. However, now is not the time to dwell on the past. Now is the time to put our differences aside and focus on achieving our common goals and mutual objectives. Namely: world peace and intra-continental harmony. So on Sunday, I will be hosting an international 3-day summit right here in this nation's capital. I have invited a delegate from the sovereign nation to our north to share that country's unique perpective on international relations with me as I return the favor. Repeatedly. Given our experience working together, I believe our compatible diplomatic styles, collaborative enthusiasm, and intense commitment to the negotiation process will make our summit a success. That said, I would like to employ a little hyperbole and state that the adjustment in my attitude as a result of this meeting may be the flashpoint for getting us out of this whole Iraq quagmire, finding a cure for the common cold, and quite possibly (fingers crossed) answering all of life's mysteries in brilliant technicolor surround-sound.

Oh yeah, and there will be lots and lots of this:

4 comments:

Dorothy Snarker said...

Have fun achieving world peace with The Canadian, Madame Secretary.

Spiky Zora Jones said...

Yay...sweetie babes.

I know you have everything well in hand...um, I mean hands. Have fun sweetie.

Ciao babes.

vivvy said...

As you know, the Canadian situation is a very serious one--I hesitate in describing it as a quagmire, but nonetheless the continued import of beernuts is of the utmost significance to our nation and any interruption of services will be a nightmare of epic proportions. Thus, my fellow Libran, we rely on your tact and that box of stuff under your bed to secure a successful round of negotiations. Godspeed, my fellow American.

Spiky Zora Jones said...

vivvy...baby doll, I love you. You and E ln make me laugh and smile always. You two rock.

ciao babes.