Quick post and recipe for you all before I have to go back to work. I spent last night after I got home enjoying myself, cooking up a nice big pot of Muncie Chili* because there was the slightest hint of possible cool weather outside (it was 78 yesterday) and because my KC Chiefs were on MNF. I was ready for some football is all I gotta say. And then the Chiefs completely fell apart against hated rival Denver and were humiliated up and down the field all the while John Madden (who I think is a closet case) talked about how beefy and big those defensive linemen were. I actually turned off the game and went to bed before it was over and I never do that with my Chiefs. It was too hard to watch. The only good thing about yesterday was my batch of chili was the best yet so I'm gonna share the recipe with you now and forget last night ever happened:
Muncie Chili*
1-1.5lbs of ground beef
1 green pepper
1 onion
1 red pepper
1-2 jalopeno peppers
Saute the onion and peppers in a bit of olive oil in a large deep pot, add the ground beef after about 5 minutes. Brown the beef, then add:
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cans Bush's chili beans (1 hot, 1 mild)
2-3 cans of water
8 good shakes of chili powder (don't be skimpy here)
1/4 cup brown sugar
a little salt, a little pepper
Stir that shit up! Bring to a low boil. If there is not about a half an inch of water/juice above the mixture, add some more water but don't overdo it! When it's bubbling, add:
1 small to medium handful of angel hair pasta, snapped into small 2 inch sections
Stir the pasta down into the mixture and let it cook on low about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. It will be thick and clumpy, not some wussy runny soupy shit.
When it's done, it must be eaten with:
shredded cheddar cheese
crushed saltine crackers
in the bowl! Served with beer!
I cannot gaurantee the taste or quality of your chili if you deviate in the slightest from this recipe. Do so at your own risk!
*Called Muncie Chili because it's a bastardized version of Cincinnati-style chili with the spaghetti, except farther north and a little to the west of O-HI-O. More around Muncie, IN. And because I stole this recipe from my sister who went to Ball State.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hey baby doll, looks like the spamsters are at it again. What is it with them, huh? Must be the drugs!
Anyway...Yum, Rachel Rey step aside. I love the recipe. I'll make it soon as it has cooled, maybe this weekend. I also think it will be fab for Halloween. We usually have lots of people over with their kids, it's a blast.
Sorry about your Chiefs, but I was rootin for them even if they whipped our arses the previous game. Though logic says I should favor Denver, I just couldn't get myself to do that. I'm totally not a Bronco fan! Shelly from ER is a big Bronco fan, so I get plenty of sh*t from her about my Raiders, though she does like me to wear the Raiderette outfit at Mountain Mike's when we play them. Hey, I wear the outfit for Deb...plus it gets me free beer.
My sister made Cinncinati-style chili for me once. Very yummy. Of course, if we wanted to call it "Pennsylvania Chili" we would have used leftover spaghetti sauce and sauerkraut and would have not eaten it, but rather would have thrown it at our ex-husband & his skank girlfriend who were late bringing back the kids from the monster truck rally/strip club.
of course you probably left out some secret ingredient just to keep your edge over the world--only you and some 13 year old somewhere know it--Baby Doll--heh
Post a Comment