Fans of women's basketball and folks who support social justice and equality might like to keep up with the tale of Rene Portland, Penn State's basketball coach who is currently (and perpetually?) on the hot seat for dismissing players for being lesbians. One player, Jen Harris who says she is not gay, was kicked off last year's team because she was perceived by Portland to be gay. For obvious reasons, I'm no Rene Portland fan and I'd really like Penn State to take an aggressive approach to actually doing something about this issue (i.e. Rene) that has festered there unchecked for many years. It's bullshit and needs to stop.
You can keep up with this story (and others) at Ted's excellent site Women's Hoops Blog and on Rebkell's Junkie Board. I highly recommend both if you're a fan of women's sports and bball in particular.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm not a hoops fan, but Portland's tactics are well-known among queers (and really, anybody with a brain) who has lived in the Crappy Valley for any length of time.
It does infuriate me that Penn State has let this idiotic psycho bitch get away with her behavior for so long. I can't believe she still has the job!
Nice site!
[url=http://qqndbwtu.com/lnii/kdse.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://onfdxcmx.com/cirm/mdif.html]Cool site[/url]
Nice site!
http://qqndbwtu.com/lnii/kdse.html | http://cvcvpirz.com/kxsy/ouuj.html
Post a Comment