7/23/2007

Dress me like a clown*

Man, I'm bloggy these days. More to love, yeah? Or feel indifferent about. Whatever floats your boat. I'm going to be busy the next couple of nights and you'll be busy too, all wrapped up in your own stuff and we'll fall out of touch and soon enough the emails and phone calls will taper off and maybe we'll see each other once or twice over the years but let's face it, we lead busy lives but that doesn't mean we love each other any less, right? We'll always have Joplin, won't we? I miss you already... *sigh*

Hello, tangent! Anyway:

1. The DC Metro has paradoxically made me both more and less of a lesbian. I now value comfortable shoes so much so that sadly I notice footwear more than decolletage. And lord knows I love the ladies.

2. Tomorrow, I will be attending the Storm game against the Mystics. For the one WNBA fan out there (holla, 360!), you know I'm gonna get some pix of Birdy and LJ (aka OTP). Oh yeah!

I had one other thing to tell you but it's been lost in all this hubbub. Feel free to make up something salacious and/or prurient and/or hoosier-like that I'd probably share here. And with that, I tip my hat up to the great white north and bid you all a good day.

ETA (2 hours later): I remembered. Remind me to turn off the ice machine at work. I just got rid of the old funky ice and am making new sparkly ice for myself. Yeah, I'm treating myself like a queen these days. Splurging. Decadence unfettered in Arlington, VA. Bling Bling and whatnot. I just don't want a repeat of the Great Ice Debacle of '07, ok? Ok.

(Man, I kinda wish what I forgot had instead been salacious or even slightly titillating, I can almost hear the click of the <--Back button from here).


*which is totally a kickass song from that new mix of sparks that I'm digging on and you should too.

7 comments:

riese said...

I think salaciousness would probably involve other activities involving ice but not involving ice machines. Once I wrote a whole short story where the dissolution of a relationship was conveyed through an argument about fixing the ice machine.

I don't know what your intro graf was referring to exactly, but it seems to describe many of my um, 'friendships.'

Anonymous said...

Holla!

After the two stinktastic games Birdy has played this weekend, and then her game winning shot on Sunday, she's due for a breakout game today. You're going to be reading this after the game, so my predictions are kind of pointless now aren't they? In fact, tipoff is in 45 minutes so I assume you're either in the building already or about to be. I hope you're there early enough to see warmups because that's always good for a few cute Sue/LJ moments.

And you will notice that Sue is thinner and tanner than ever. Opinion?

Spiky Zora Jones said...

Sweetie...babes, I wish I could catch the game.

I have forgotten...which day of the week is "Metro Bitch Day?" If you can feel it in your heart to give me a complaint, I would be thankful. You make me laugh.

My work is kicking my ass. It's not the work load. I think I should look for another job, I'm bored. I need somthing a bit more interesting. Hey you think Sue and LJ could use a massuse? Yes...no? I could learn...I have fabulous hands, I've been told. Just thinking out loud. ha.

Have fun at the game. Blow LJ a kiss for me. Ciao.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what you are seeing LJ do tonight! Too bad they couldn't get the win for you.

vivvy said...

What's a Birdy?

p.s. Darling, I leave LiLo in your hands for one night and what happens?

Spiky Zora Jones said...

Sweetie babes...saw Taryn this and guess what she's from Kansas, I thought of you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwRN0_qmAtc
and this song about Hilary...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sudw4ghVe8&mode=user&search=

El N said...

Hey Win: We'll always have Ypsilanti, yes?

360: MVP MVP!

szj: Every day is Metro bitch day!

viv: I will pretend you know not what a Birdy is since I've been blogging about her for years! And ps. I knew I shouldnt have let you room with Linds at Promises, look at the mess I have to clean up now!