11/01/2007

hopelessly hopeful

Will this day/week/month/year/life ever end? The short answer is yes, thankfully. Man. I don't want to spend blogs and blogs bitching about being busy at work b/c that is on par with bitching about how much the Metro sucks (btw, saw the Cape Lady the other day - unlike this summer when I first spotted her, it was actually Cape Weather so I guess mocking her now would be totally unfair. I am nothing if not fair when it comes to mocking or not, as the case may be). One good thing about work that I will mention is that today (and on more occasions in the future), I got to venture to some government type buildings for meetings very near the Mall. Sometimes when I'm bitching about Dumb City, I forget that it actually exists b/c I spend so much time traveling underneath it. From work in our building across the river, I can see the Washington Monument and the Lincoln memorial and Thomas Jefferson's thing (Monticello? I don't recall). So I am going to make a commitment to actually come up for air once in a while and attempt to enjoy our nation's capital. It is the least I can do, bitching about it non-stop solves nothing. Mocking it is another story and that will continue unabated. Did you see the cape DC was wearing? Total RenFairy and gay!

That's it for now..things feel out of sorty here for a variety of reasons so I'm going to head to bed and call it a day, one more down in the grand scheme of days/weeks/months/years/lives.


Well there's one thing to know about this town, it's five hundred miles underground; and that's alright - Modest Mouse Night on the Sun

1 comment:

Pipistrello said...

Is it ever *really* cape weather?

Seriously?

Mock I say.