Hey friend, how you? So it is football Sunday and in the ensuing move and furniture re-arranging etc and my call to Comcast to downgrade my cable (b/c seriously, I don't really watch much with any real commitment, it's just kind of on in the background, but I do like my football and poker and Giada and the weather channel), somehow the tv has stopped working. And you know what? I barely find myself caring enough to try to figure out how to get the cable to play. Anyway, that has neither here nor there to do with anything, it's just a sidebar.
Speaking of "sidebar", that is another work term that has invaded my lingo. On a conference call, I found myself actually saying this outloud: "Oh sorry, we were just having a sidebar discussion of ABT/QI. We're trying to get buy-in from key stakeholders. We've got a stovepipe situation where the decision's gotta come from the top down." Who tf talks like that? Me now apparently. I am going to make a vow to keep it real. Next conference call, I'm going to just randomly give shout outs and say Holla Irvine! How's it hangin' dawg? Or something sim. I will not become one of Those People. Must. Resist.
So you know I'm headed off to the great state of Missouri tomorrow very early AM. Going right smack dab in the middle of it. See, I think Missouri gets a bad rap. Granted, we've had a couple of Heart of Darkness experiences camping down in the boonies (one involved an awkward encounter with a family hauling walnuts in the back of their pickup truck), but it's truly a nice state and I heartily recommend the natural springs and rivers in the southern part for camping/canoeing. Frankly, it feels more like home than this place ever will. And hello, where else are you gonna find genuine walnut bowls and fireworks sold all in one store?
If I can make it through November alive with all the work/travel crammed in these next few weeks, I will consider that success. Heck, if I can get through taking a shower this morning, I'm well on my way. Have a good one..maybe I'll live blog from Jeff City, I am sure this would appeal greatly to the 3 people who read this blog. Holla Singapore!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Me, I'd rather stay at home & watch Deliverance. It's the same thing, really.
(Dear Lord, now you have me wondering what a "stovepipe situation" is. Sounds like something Giada and her boobs might have to deal with.)
Oh sweetie, during WAR meetings side bars are best left after the meetings, for flow and CI (continuous improvement)out at the bull pen. AKA office area even in meeetings there are rules that need to be followed...it keeps a person from snoozing. Huh?
Missouri...is a lovely state. We did the family thing in the family RV...on our way to Graceland.
Lovely post sweetie babes.
Post a Comment