1/29/2008

when powerpoint attacks

Have you ever wondered what I do all day at work? Me too! So on the crowded metro ride home tonight, I sketched out a typical day. What it lacks in aesthetic design, it makes up for in content? Hey, I can’t achieve world peace and make it pretty all in one day. I am no miracle worker (say it with me, wa-wah-ter, wah-ter, yes, wa-ter! – ok I’m done).

So this is 1 part flow-chart and 1 part non-linear chaotic system with a hint of old-skool Fortran and a dash of structural equation modeling (sans factor loadings, obv). See, this is what happens when you put a data geek into the “real world”/corporate life. They attempt to stay sane and make sense of their world via flights of fancy diagramming. In a sea of ever changing information, competing interests, and policy v procedure, I’m hanging out on a dinghy named Going Crazy.

Welcome to my world, I’m just living in it. Click to live large.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know…I’m a big fan of ultra-folksy Midwestern charm, hardball, and especially alpha dog voice.
And we haven’t even touched on good cop/bad cop yet…
Ummm…what were we talking about again…

Spiky Zora Jones said...

Sweetie babes...see this is why you are my GOD. You bring to me the Kansas sky with that Midwestern charm.

I loved playing good/bad cop while I was on the force...but mostly I liked playing bad.

Later sweetie...babes.

DEM said...

You rock

El N said...

thc: I think we were discussing hockey? Something about a puck?

szj: If I don't believe in god, does that mean I don't exist?

cheet: I knew you'd like that :)