10/02/2006

Heisman Stance

We are having some freakish heat wave right now, 95 yesterday, today and tomorrow. I thought I left that heat bullshit behind this summer so all I have to say about that is wtf? I do not appreciate it.

And finally, I have been re-listening to the Spinanes a lot lately. Somewhere in the mid 90s, I came across them and they promptly broke up. I had kind of forgotten about them until we moved and I unpacked my CDs to start the long, arduous process of transferring them to iPod. I think I'd describe them thusly: languid and honey-tongued. Two qualities I appreciate in a great many things. So if you're looking for something new-to-you and of that variety, I'm here to preach. Start with Arches and Aisles, you like? Move on to Strand. Trust me.








Your tongue, so close to torture
With everything it seeks
An empty-handed breeze
An empty head it grabs at
As if it could be real
You say you'll leave it up to me
I can't stand to hear you speak
Or to listen to you sleep


- The Spinanes Den Trawler

1 comment:

vivvy said...

Can you believe...I've never heard of the Spinanes. I'm off to investigate...