So, Friday I think I may have been on the good side of the proverbial Old Girls Club. A contact finally came through and things are looking positive. In my area, it's all about who you know..actually, I'm sure that's true for many many things. But it's one of those cases where you don't want to talk about good things until you sign on the dotted line because of The Jinx. We shall see..
What else? Some old friends from grad school were in town and we had them out to the house Sat night for dinner. Here's the thing: I love kids, I really do. And most kids love me. Kids, pets and old folks are fans of mine. Many of my friends have kids and I adore all of them. Except this one. I don't know what it was about this 6 year old boy, but he's just not a nice friendly kid. Sure there are discipline issues with the parents, but it's something more than just a boy acting out. The Agent had to retire from the situation early and I can't tell you how much I wanted to join her. It was exhausting having to monitor this kid and I developed a very large headache that remains to this moment. Even the Baby Dog, who loves people, went to bed with The Agent just to get away. It's strange and sad to me. I want to like my friends' kids instead of being glad that they live four hours away.
The cool thing (at least to me) about Sat night aside from seeing old friends was that we had our first fire in the fireplace. It was a cold and miserably rainy day on Sat and that night it was freezing. Perfect for a fire. It was glorious. Yay fire! Loved it so much that I made another one tonight b/c it's still nice and nippy. It's the little things, you know?
I miss drugs.
So I've been in a total music mood lately, mainly b/c I've been riding my bike constantly and have the ipod going. You know how you go through periods where it's all music all the time and other times when you don't listen to a thing for months? And remember when I said I really believe that no one gives two shits about what someone else has on their ipod? I still think that so here are the songs I recently downloaded:
- Hold On, Hold -- Neko Case -- Fox Confessor Brings The Flood
- The Golden Age (Beck cover) -- The Flaming Lips --Yoshimi Wins! (Live Radio Sessions)
- Invisible Ink (Live) --Aimee Mann --Lost In Space (Special Edition)
- At Least That's What You Said --Wilco -- Kicking Television - Live In Chicago
- All These Things That I've Done --The Killers -- Hot Fuss
- When You Were Young --The Killers -- Sam's Town
- The One I Love -- David Gray --Life In Slow Motion
- For Us -- Pete Yorn -- For Us
- One (U2 cover) -- Cowboy Junkies --Early 21st Century Blues
- My Skin --Natalie Merchant --Ophelia
- Hands Clean (iTunes Version) --Alanis Morissette --iTunes Originals
- Head Over Feet (iTunes Version) Alanis Morissette --iTunes Originals
If there's an awesome cover or a live version of a song I like, I am all over it. I lived for B-sides back in the day. So I'm always on the lookout. I'm a ninja b-side cover queen.
Alright, that be it. The fun never ends.
Confidential to attache: You rock with that bsg tip! Thanks so much!

2 comments:
Speaking of music...I got the CDs you sent. Thanks again, sweetie; I was listening to them this morning on the way into work. And even Mrs. tried listening to them this weekend. She made it through half a Spinanes song before begging my permission to change the CD. You know she's very delicate and anything louder than a Greogorian chant disrupts her equipoise.
Please let her know that I shall send her a CD made up entirely of crickets chirping quietly. I have trained them here on the farm to make music even a corpse would love. She is a delicate flower, is she not? God love her..
Most importantly though, sweetie, is whether the music pleases your sensibilities, which I hope it does.
Post a Comment