10/01/2006

All the perfect drugs and superheroes

So I've been getting back into a healthier routine these last few weeks. Riding my bike (it's been lovely..the wild sunflowers are all in bloom around here and the weather has been perfect for 10 mile rides) and watching what I eat, but most importantly, I'm detoxing from the booze. I mentioned a few nights of debauchery recently and before I went out to Seattle, I decided that I needed to Stop. There have been other periods in my life where I have had the sense to Stop (and other times, where I did not have the sense). I admit it's a struggle and lord knows I'm not the only one. There's a reason people drink; I know mine. My method of cold turkey, not even a celebratory birthday drink, not even a little glass of wine has worked in the past so I'm going to stick with it. My detox is only in its infancy, just barely a week old, but I feel good about it and shall keep it up for awhile. I feel lucky that I'm actually able to Stop when I know others, friends of mine, who just..can't. So yeah, exercise, eating healthy, no booze. There's nothing vice-like left for me except for the strippers and cocaine. A girl has her limits!

No comments: