Aye. So I'm just going to do a brain-dump, it's been a day.
1. I saw Bette Porter yesterday in my building. There's an atrium-y lobby area and there she was, all power-suit and high heels. Actually, I've seen a bunch of Bette Porters out and about. This is not a bad thing.
2. I have sadly started recognizing fellow Metro commuters. Today, I saw Tall Asian Guy Who Cinches His iPod Headphones All Up Tight Under His Neck again on one leg of my commute. One other Metro thing: I have never been one of those germ people who get all freaked out about touching stuff in public places. I have now become one of those germ people who get all freaked out about touching stuff in public places and who now carries anti-bacterial hand sanitizer in her purse.
3. I saw my first political person of note here. We had a meeting downtown at one of those concrete buildings. One of GWB's Cabinet members was leaving with his Secret Service guy so we passed by each other in the lobby. What is sad is that this Secretary of X was so unrecognizable, I would not have even noticed if I hadn't seen the security guy and been in the building with his picture on the wall. Now, if it had been Clinton's Secretary of X, I would have been all excited b/c I liked that person. Instead, I'm all like, oh, what's his name again? p.s. I don't know if this is true in all buildings and was done in previous admins, but Cheney's sneering mug is up on the wall too with the pres. I will also note that his eyes followed me like a preternaturally evil creature of the night.
4. I was looking forward to coming home to mow the grass tonight so I could pretend I was somewhere else where grass grows and millions of other people do not exist, but alas, it rained. So instead, I am opening a beer. I had some friends in town the last two nights and didn't get back home until late both times and so I am worn. This whole working business is hard. Glad to have a job of course, not complaining, just saying. Plus also I have a pinched nerve/huge knot in my shoulder/neck that is making me cranky and sore and therefore less tolerant of the bullshit traffic on 95 and crammed metro cars. Oh man, I hope this blog doesn't turn into me bitching about the Metro all the time, how boring/unoriginal would that be? I resolve to keep my Metro-bitch down to a dull roar and/or once per week.
5. Back to IN this weekend for a quick trip and that whole reunion thing. It will either be entertaining and/or scary and/or sad. If anyone still has their 80's perm, I will report back with pictures.
6. It is June. And the solstice. So a long long day in a long long month.
7. The sky tonight, around 6ish, looked really cool with the storm clouds moving in. Did you get a chance to see it?
That's all I think. Have a good one...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
"I have now become one of those germ people who get all freaked out about touching stuff in public places and who now carries anti-bacterial hand sanitizer in her purse."
purse.
heh.
sweetie babe, bitch all you want about the metro. before changing jobs I was one of those stuck on the I-5 in LA.
Ha...nice to see you come to the dark side and accept that anti-bacterial hand sanitizer is the ultimate power one can hold in her hands.
No kidding in the "clean room" one washes their hands and then sanitizes before passing through the blower then through and out the door.
Yeah...the reunion! Hold on to your hats and glasses...it's going to be a bumpy ride. Babes, have fun. Yes, let us know who still dresses like Pat Benetar, Madonna and Blondie.
Hey and you have to request a Heart song. They are an 80s group right? The Wilson sisters rock. Anne Wilson's voice get's me, well let's not go there. Ha! later babes...enjoy.
Post a Comment