Aimee Mann never gets old and this song, with the piano starting out and then the violin coming in on the first verse? It's so stark and haunting, it kills me. Perfect. I leave you with this:
I drew a picture of you
You and your anchor tattoo
And saw the face that I knew
Covered in shame
You drew a bird that was here
A kind of sweet chanticleer
But with a terrible fear
That the cage couldn't tame
That's how I knew this story would break my heart
When you wrote it
That's how I knew this story would break my heart
So, like a ghost in the snow
I'm getting ready to go
'Cause baby, that's all I know
How to open the door
And though the exit is crude
It saves me coming unglued
For when you're not in the mood
For the gloves and the canvas floor
That's how I knew this story would break my heart
When you wrote it
That's how I knew this story would break my heart.
6/13/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sweetie babes...I have so missed you. Maybe because I thought I would not be able to view your blog ever again.
I wondered what I had said for the message that said...I was not invited to view this blog to occur.
I curse too much, right? Or was it one of my drunken moments where I offered to send naked pics of myself? God, don't tell me I offered to send that video of me and rebound guy...I knew it! I so have to stop with the booze...and drugs...and this thing I have with cameras and camcorders. Heheheh.
Hey sweetie, have a fabulous time at your sister's wedding. You'll look beautiful babes...you always do. You are beautiful in whatever it is you are wearing...or not. later.
Post a Comment