12/30/2006

B + S

I would like to remark upon the absurdity of last night. While flipping through the channels, I stopped on 20/20 to see Perez Hilton whining about Nicole Richie and celebrities and gossip blah blah and just as he was going to tell a story about Nicole berating him in a coffee shop, Elizabeth Vargas comes in to tell us that the puppet gov in Iraq has hanged Saddam and Jim, can you tell us who might have pulled the actual lever and I understand it was videotaped, Elizabeth, but no word on whether it will be broadcast. I shall ask a simple and judiciously chosen rhetorical question: What kind of crazy fucked up world are we living in when in one breath the public discourse is on how often Britney Spears' cooch is exposed for all the world to see and in the next, we are discussing whether it will be possible to watch a human being (albeit one of "evil axis" status) as he is being hanged and dies?

I mean, literally, what the fuck?? I just...the mind, it boggles.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you...it all makes me sick. Blech. I think we're living in a time of "too much'.

The news and entertainment media has gotten so big and so competitive that nearly everything has become news and entertainment worthy. But too much of it is just sickening trash.

Blech....I don't know what else to say other than I agree completely with your sentiments.

Renee

Spiky Zora Jones said...

I'm with you sweetie. Humanity rides on a pendulum. Is it because we take too many meds...or not enough. It's kind of hard to decide which is which.

I just don't get it either. People get off on this stuff. WTF is this shit on the tele...here's a picture of Britney's twat...here's a picture of a dead Saddam.

later babes...make no never mind about that there stuff, let's sit back and have tea and biscuits and talk of next years resolutions.

El N said...

Hey renee, nice to hear from you again. I always think about you when I pick up my copy of Self Aware Universe that I am still reading ;)

vivvy said...

You have to hand it to Bush (who, I guess, skipped the mercy/forgiveness/turning the other cheek parts of the Bible). He managed to turn a corrupt, power-mad dictator into a martyr and a symbol of the incredible, inevitable stupidity of this war, and of the media circus that is America.