12/04/2006

Real-time Tool Time!

Check it, how totally dorky is this?

I am going to document in real time my wax seal replacement adventure. I didn't get to it this weekend but am starting it now. Because I've got a website up with instructions, I thought I'd geek out and blog it at the same time. This passes for entertainment where I come from.

So first off, the target (4:16pm):



Mission control center (4:56pm):




I'm off to the garage now to get tools and shut off the water etc. More later..

Ok, so undoing the toilet and picking it up was easy. The only issue was that it was hard to remove all the water. Here is the nastiness of what it looks like (4:56pm).



Plus it smells like the bathroom of a fraternity house. Good times! I'm off to scrap up that old wax seal and clean up all the gunk on the floor. More later..

That whole scraping off the old wax seal thing and the gunk cleaning? By far the worst part of this whole deal, but I was done soon enough and put the new seal on (5:30pm):



To help squish the seal down, I enlisted The Agent to sit on my lap when she returned home:



There are some benefits to home repair:



And that was it! The finished product which looks exactly like the initial target (6:09pm):



The whole thing took way less time than I thought and it was easy (if a little nasty) to do. Kinda makes you want to do it yourself, doesn't it? Uh yeah, not so much ;)

4 comments:

vivvy said...

I'm not sure that wallpaper works that tile...oh, right! Toilet! Yes, toilet! I am quite impressed you did that on your own. Not surprised, mind you, because I know what a determined little minx you are when you put your mind to something. So congratulations on a job well done, and kudos to the Agent for her assistance.

Anyway, I'm calling you up for our next home-improvement project. Bring your tools, baby!

El N said...

Sweetie, that bathroom is decorated in the style of Old Man and we just haven't had a chance to remodel. There's even a border that has like ducks and hunting stuff on it just about the wallpaper. Yes, that makes taking one's morning constitutional fun!

Plus I've been looking for just the right door handle and have yet to find it!

DEM said...

Okay, more than anything, I'm cracking up that you said "morning constitutional".

And, yes, you are the biggest dork that ever did dork... but it's funny, so hey!

--cheet

El N said...

You know I live to amuse you, cheet!