I'm in the mood for a little Mary Oliver poetry, indulge me:
What the Body Says
I was born here, and
I belong here, and
I will never leave.
The blue heron's
gray smoke will flow over me
for years
and the wind will decide
all directions
until I am safely and entirely
something else.
I am thinking of this
this winter morning
as I sit by the fire
and the fire in its red rack
keeps singing
its cracking song
of transformation.
Of course
I wonder about
the mystery
that is surely up there
in starry space
and how some part of me
will go there at last.
But I am talking now
of the way the body speaks,
and the wind, that keeps saying,
firmly, lovingly:
a little while and then this body
will be stone; then
it will be water; then
it will be air.
- Mary Oliver
12/29/2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hey LN...that poem made me feel so calm. I didn't realized my mind was on a roller coaster till then. It eased my mind of all that was swirling inside.
I'm listening to one of my cds "Gem" I love her voice and the music...makes me want to bring out my ballet shoes.
Okay, back to pushing that grind stone. I think I'll leave early today. We can wrap it up on sunday. Yeah, that sucks and I have a party to go to that evening. Eh, a couple of martinis and I'll be dancing on the table. Note to self...wear panties and don't even think about wearing a short skirt. Don't want to do the Britney thingy.
Happy New Years sweetie...ha. okay...now I'll get back to work. "Make up!"
Post a Comment