Well, it was colder than a witch's tit yesterday and I chose that day to go up on campus to my (not) office and actually do a little work there (I know!). I could have used a hat or three, plus gloves and maybe an actual coat that was warm. I had no idea it wasn't going to get out of the teens all day. Anyway. It was apparently stop day so it was relatively quiet; that was good. However, yeah, I decided about halfway through the afternoon that I desperately needed a double tall mocha because really, who doesn't. So I trekked up to the union and the coffee shop, stopping by random trashcan fires and steaming street grates to keep warm, nodding my hello to young Phillip Pirrip. It was cold, yo!
Ahhh, glorious coffee - my last vice, how I love thee! O sweet legal addiction, blissful rush!
(I am actually trying to figure out if it is unseemly or a little excessive to have more than one mocha a day. Because you know, if it's my only current vice, I want to embrace it properly. Opinions solicited!)
So I got home and promptly made a very nice fire which I relaxed in front of most of the evening. The Agent has been crazy busy and thus, I only see her for a very short time before she is off to bed at like, 8. I don't blame her, of course, b/c she gets up early, but wow, we are so not on the same schedule. We have, however, planned to have ourselves a proper date night tomorrow (barring some unforeseen criminal activity) so it is possible that I may actually entertain a second vice this weekend. Wish me luck!
12/08/2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
hahHAHAHAHAH your blogs are funny as hell :]
You sent your lousy weather our way. Which is fine, actually, because it gives Mrs. & I a good excuse to snuggle in front of the fire!
Opinions solicited!
Have you woken up in the gutter yet? Or perhaps naked in a field, next to a satiated goat?
Look at you, getting all Dickens on us in a simple post about the weather. Those clever Midwestern gals; they read and stuff.
As far the opinion solicitation, I say drink as many of them bad boys as you want. But heed this cautionary note: This is your brain. This is your brain on too many mochas .
Excellent, I'm counting this as 3 votes for multiple mochas and 0 against. I'm all about democracy which is why I had 1 double tall and 1 single short today while I was out and about. And I feel *finger snap* funky! (And the goat walked away happy too, so win win!)
Post a Comment