I can't be the only one thinking this today: I wish we could just get this over with and move on. Christmas has become this chore to get through and the longest gdamn day ever. It's enough to make me think about a gin and tonic at like 10am. The Agent and I are just hanging out, not doing much -- obviously I'm online and she's watching something stupid like Ice Age on tv. She does not have family to visit and I haven't been home for xmas the last couple of years. We did a bunch of cooking yesterday and that kind of helped a little. Had a nice fire last night and that did help for a couple of hours. Zone out on the flames. Today I tried to sleep in as long as possible to shorten the day. We plan to cook (got a nice beef tenderloin roast) later but to be honest, I'm not even remotely interested in doing that. The Agent is big into the present thing, but I just hate it. I have a hard time getting it up to show any enthusiasm and I think it bothers her. I just want this fucking bullshit day to be over and done with for another year. I keep hoping it gets better and it doesn't, not really. Yes, I bring the Christmas joy like no other.
We are supposed to go over to some friends later tonight for after dinner drinks and maybe some games. I am kind of looking forward to that, but that is only because it's distracting enough. I think I'm going to say fuck it and make up a big batch of mimosas to get through until then. Yes yes, we all have to fall off the wagon at some point, why not on Christmas? Cheers, Baby Jesus! Happy Birthday!
To those who actually dig the day and are like having a good time, I say good for you and have a happy holiday.
12/25/2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey LN James, happy day after Christmas. Um...you sound like my girl friend...hehehehe.
She was waiting for the Christmas spirit to hot her like a canned ham out of left field. It really never showed up like she wanted. I guess we try to re-live that feeling we had from Christmas past.
I see your point of view. It's hard work, lots of cooking, baking, and entertaining. I find that the tireness I felt earlier fades when I see the faces of those I love. In between holiday greetings my heart breaks when I think of those I can no longer hugs and say...I missed you, I love you.
We do it for the kids. My son (the Prince) it's a long story, loves this time of year as most children do. I love the way his face Glows this time of year.
We had a Christmas Eve party for my girl's family and some close friends of ours. I was nervous but excited to finally meet those I only knew from their voices. I got dolled up and wanted to really impress so I wore my red dress...it did the trick. My girl was very proud to show me off, though I don't think I had to get all dolled up for her to feel that way.
I got hit on a couple of times from a her cousin, who didn't know me...till I said who I was..."Your cousin's girl friend...I live here." I was a tad miffed when I heard one mummble as I walked away..."what a waste." There's always that one fool at a party.
Yay...for the agent who loves to do the gift thing. You do too...LN, deep down, right? I joke with my girl when she grumbles about the holidays...I say. "Sweetie, are your shoes to tight?" She glares and says, slowly, ha...ha...ha!
Live, from the hinterlands, it's moi.
Sorry it was a tough day for you, darling. I do okay with the holiday, but I empathize with people who just aren't into it. Usually it's the stress of getting gifts and traveling that makes me cranky. And it's reached a point where xmas is all shoved down our throats so much it really spoils it.
We drank mimosas all day on Xmas! It was fun.
Mrs. & I will talk to you soon, sweetie, once we get back into the city.
All is well, my pretties. I totally got over my funk and have left that all behind me. I think it's because a friend of mine sent me one of those rubber Lance Armstrong type bracelets -- only this one was gray and it said Ennui on it. Made my day!
Post a Comment