So it's not February, but this song is going through my head today, this part esp:
First we forgot where we'd planted those bulbs last year,
Then we forgot that we'd planted at all,
Then we forgot what plants are altogether,
and I blamed you for my freezing and forgetting and
The nights were long and cold and scary,
Can we live through February?
February - Dar Wiliams
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
That song gets stuck in my head all the time when it's windy out. It's that line "then we forgot what plants are altogether" or whatevs....because you'll be walking along thinking "god, it's like there were never even flowers or trees EVER out here!" and then that song..pops right in! God, I love that woman, deeply. She's totally on my actual Seasonal Affective Disorder playlist.
She is the queen of cold weather angst, is she not? This one and Mortal City and her cover of Nora pretty much cover the winter spectrum of SAD. I'm with you on this, fo sho.
Oh yeah. It's been playing incessantly in my head too this week. Our schedule has been completely thrown off by the snow, and the snow days and I'm honestly feeling somewhat disoriented and not a little cabin fevery. What's a crocus, huh? What's a fuckin' crocus!?
I thought you said it was a flower!
Dar Williams is going to be in New York this weekend ... and you're not!
Love,
Mrs. Viv
I swear, you live to make me suffer. No booze, no coffee, no strippers. And here you are waving this in my face. Just for you, I will pull out a very old Dar story, because I know you don't even like her music, it's all Gregorian chants for you! But back in 1995, before she got all famous, she came here to do these intimate house concerts in like, people's living room. I happened to be friends with the right person and went to the airport to pick Dar up and drive her back here. Yes, that's right..Dar Williams in my very own car for over an hour. I know this does not make you as jealous as it should, but I am telling you this so that you shall know our velocity!
*chuckle* I never thought I would have such power over you! All this suffering ... Well, I guess you and Dar go way back and one must wonder what DID you two talk about for an hour? (um, booze, drugs and rock n roll????) Sweetie, don't ever change ... Love ya'!
Mrs. Viv
Post a Comment