1/01/2007

Change change change

Here is a recipe for being just a little tipsy on New Year's Day while having been completely sober New Year's night. First, kinda be on the wagon. Second, have exactly one small drink the entire night of New Year's Eve while everyone around you is sloshed, like seriously, but that's cool b/c they're your friends and we're having fun, and then stay at said friends' house and get in bed at 3am but not sleep, at all, because you can't and you have to get up at 6am for the annual New Years Day pagan sunrise ritual. Third, since said ritual involves no fewer than 10 bottles of champagne and champagne really isn't all that boozy like Knob Creek or anything hence it's really not "drinking", drink champagne. Lots of it. In the morning after no sleep. Have gf drag you back home at noon and take 4 hour nap and wake up with a headache. Good times, good times!

It was all good though. We had a great time and The Agent even came out, which she never does on NYE. She went back home though at 10:30 after her limit of socializing was met. There was good food, good music, a fire, and unlike the last couple of NYs, I was spending it with people I liked and wanted to hang with so I consider it a good one. And the morning bfast and burning of regrets was great too. I'm not sure where I'll be next year at this time, but I'm going to count this NYE as one of the better ones I've had.

I have also made a NY resolution I think I can handle: Embrace change and be happy.

Hope yours rocked too.

1 comment:

Spiky Zora Jones said...

Sweetie, your New Year’s pagan sunrise ritual sounds fabulous. The burning of regrets is a wonderful symbolic way to clear your mind and leave them behind. The ten bottles of champagne…um, okay. I like that past, it works for me. It’s a fab way to start the New Year. Love your New Year resolution.
I had a wonderful time too and my Pac 10 Trojans beat up on Michigan. Oh and I have to say that I am so glad your KC Chiefs are in the playoffs. I was cheering the 49ers on to beat the Broncos. My Raiders…eh, on a good note, we have first round draft pick. Got to look on the bright side, right? Later.